To undress ambition is one of the essential qualities for living the life you want. It is often fear that keeps us from declaring our ambition — the fear of what we might lose if we take a risk. It is outside your comfort zone that the truly amazing opportunities lie that propel you into the life you want.
So why don’t we declare our ambitions when it comes to our work?
According to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency, data shows that women continue to earn less than men, are less likely to advance their careers as far as men and are more likely to spend their final years in poverty.
Workplaces around the world face these challenges:
* to provide equal remuneration for women and men for work of equal or comparable value
* to remove barriers to the full and equal participation of women in the workforce
* to provide full and genuine access to all occupations and industries, including access to leadership roles for men and women
* to eliminate discrimination on the basis of gender, particularly in relation to family and caring responsibilities for both men and women.
The Top Earners Report, released by the Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Agency (EOWA) in January 2008, showed the disappointing reality that there is a significant gender pay gap at top earner level.
* Women hold just seven per cent of top earner positions in the ASX200.
* The overall median pay for women is just 58 per cent of that for men.
* Female Chief Financial Officers and Chief Operating Officers earn half the wage of their male equivalents.
* While in Chief Executive Officer positions, a female earns just two-thirds the salary of her male counterpart.
We need to make much faster progress when it comes to gender equality. Women must stand up and declare what they want, go for the top jobs, ask for the promotions, negotiate higher pay and be prepared to ruffle feathers along the way. Women have to believe in themselves and own their own success.
One of the solutions is to undress their ambitions and declare their aspirations, and the superpowers of belief, conviction and commitment are how to do it!
Every Minute Counts and You Can Have It All!™